Sunday, July 31, 2011

on the vine...

We've had quite the emotional week around here.  This past Monday, a former teammate of mine was laid to rest, a bright life taken way too soon.  And yesterday, we celebrated the life of my husband's grandpa, our beloved "Poppy", who poured his entire life into our family ranch.  Both will be missed dearly.


I just finished reading The Art of Racing in the Rain, which is a beautiful story, especially for those of you who have sweets dogs in your life.  But what I loved was the perspective on the grieving process and dying, it was very comforting.



For our Poppy's memorial service, I sang Danny Boy, an old Irish tune that he loved and sang often.  Here's Johnny Cash's soulful rendition... I just love it!




Happy Sunday all, back to regular scheduling next week!  :)

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment

ShareThis