Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Help Your Community {with Walgreens!}


Thanks to Walgreens for sponsoring my writing. Help Walgreens help others! Visit their Facebook page here to learn about their charitable partners and decide which cause Walgreens will donate to with a quick vote.



IMG_1502


In America, the hunger statistics are staggering.  1 in 6 Americans right now are struggling to feed themselves and their families, and it isn't just in big cities or certain areas of town.  It's everywhere.

In my community, our local churches run a food bank which distributes to anyone who may need it.  Each church takes turns providing workers, and donations come from many sources:  community and businesses around our town.  I'm hoping we can start a garden swap soon too!

So, how can we help?  Well, this year our family is collecting canned goods and other needs on our local food bank's list {it just takes a quick call, I know ours needs baby formula now!} and making donations of food.  Our food bank also welcomes volunteers and accepts monetary donations, too.


September happens to be Hunger Action Month through Feeding America, a domestic charity dedicated to ending hunger in America.  They have partnered with Kraft with a Huddle to Fight Hunger, which is a super easy way to help out!  I just entered in my zip code and picked my local food bank, and Kraft made the donation for me!  You can also do trivia and a 2 minute drill to donate even more!

What other ways do you help fight hunger?  Please share!






Don't forget to help Walgreens help others! Visit their Facebook page here to learn about their charitable partners and decide which cause Walgreens will donate to with a quick vote. I was selected for this sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective, which endorses Blog With Integrity, as I do.

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment

ShareThis