Thursday, March 29, 2012

Books in February/March

Eek!  I've been pairing down my time on the computer, and just soaking in the moments.  The good ones and bad.  Don't you ever feel like doing that too?

So, I sort of missed the recap on my reading!  Here it is! :)





1.  7 by Jen Hatmaker - Loved this book.  It really opened my eyes to the amount of stuff.  A pretty convicting read, without making you feel guilty.  Jen takes seven months to reduce seven areas of excess in her life.  While some might have been extreme (the same 7 foods for a whole month) they were truly eye opening.  I love a book that makes me think -- and act.  I promptly began my home decluttering and have really though about buying power and the choices I'm making.  Anyone else read this?





2.  You're Already Amazing by Holley Gerth - Oh my!  I consider myself to have pretty good confidence, but I loved the way this book really emphasized discovering those positives and living it out.  It was a great read that felt comfortable and conversational, and had great resources and questions to accompany each chapter.  I think this would be a great small group study!




3.  The Botany of Desire by Michael Pollan -  I've heard great things about Michael Pollan's books, and so when I was able to check out the audiobook, I thought I'd jump right in!  I like this unique thinking, and the way that he places all of us, in equal weight in nature, arguing that we all adapt and evolve according to circumstances.  Read it!!




4.  Soul Surfer: A True Story of Faith, Family, and Fighting to Get Back on the Board by Bethany Hamilton - Another audiobook!  {I do a lot of laundry and ironing, can you tell?}  I watched the movie a while ago, and thought I'd read the book too.  I really liked both of them, and although the book's audience is probably geared more toward teens, it is still an amazing story of survival.  I've heard really good things about Raising a Soul Surfer... any thoughts?




5.  One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are by Ann Voskamp - I read this once before, and loved it!  I actually spent last year counting up to 1,000 {documented on my personal blog} and am still counting!  A friend had recommended the audiobook, as Ann reads it herself!  So, I spent a few days listening to her poetically read it again for me, and it was a fantastic listen!  If you're on the fence about audiobooks, try this one!  Life-changing indeed!





6.  The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Food from My Frontier by Ree Drummond - I can count cookbooks too, right?  I preordered this puppy from Amazon, and was so excited when I received it because I totally forgot I had even ordered it! :)  Stunning photos, yummy recipes, and a lot of laughter... packed full and as good, maybe even better, than the first cookbook!  I made the yummy Rib Eye with Onion Blue Cheese Sauce and my hub loved it!  I also adored the kale!  Check it out!


So that's the list!  I'm currently diving into a couple great books, and listening to a couple too!  I'm thinking I better get on The Hunger Games too! :)  I'm always a little behind when it comes to those things.

What books do you recommend?  What have you been reading lately?




0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment

ShareThis