Thursday, September 20, 2012

Life in the Garden

I really think the beautiful thing about blogging is that there is amazing flexibility.  Sure, it might not be the best for my "blog stats" to take a month off, but I am continually asking myself if that is why I blog, or if I write because I love to.  It's because I love to.  :)
So, I thought I'd give you an idea of just how I fill my time off the computer...
IMG_8794
My garden!  It is always a work in progress... which is why I really love spending my days outside.  I've been slowly adding this gorgeous rock and keeping things watered, which is especially challenging with our summer drought.  The raised beds house strawberries, a "salad bar", and raspberries.  We have a great pumpkin patch growing with a handful of different varieties, and the forest behind the pumpkins is my crazy tomatoes.  I started these from seeds this spring, and it has just been a banner year for them! 

IMG_8783

And although the tomatoes have really been the stars of the garden, I also had a nice crop of sugar snap peas, green beans, cucumbers, beets, radishes, watermelon, broccoli, brussel sprouts, eggplant, carrots, and peppers.  We have had so much fun getting dirty in our garden this summer!
IMG_8787

... and flower gardens are always fun to tame...
IMG_8743

... and of course, enjoying Montana style recreation.  



Hope you've had a lovely summer as well!!

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment

ShareThis