Saturday, December 29, 2012

Joy to the World!



... wonders of His love...

This Christmas we scaled back... a lot.  We are currently undergoing a huge remodel of our kitchen, family room, and mud room/laundry room.  Along with it, we have upgraded our original wiring and insulation, basically taking everything back to the bones and starting fresh.

Which is exciting and awesome, but made for some pretty bleak baking conditions.  Normally I would be whipping up my favorites, along with goodies to bring along to friends and family, but this year I decided instead of focusing on what I couldn't be doing, I would focus on enjoying the season.



And I'm here to confess that despite what I may have believed, I survived the Christmas season without baking a ton, without delivering goodies, and yet keeping my Christmas spirit in tact.  Instead of focusing on the hurrying and worrying, I was able to allow myself to slow down and truly enjoy the gifts of the season, especially the ones that weren't wrapped under the tree. 



I learned a great lesson that will resonate through the new year: less is more.  Simplicity may be a brand new buzz word, but it strikes a cord because so many of us are tired of the busy.  2013 seems like a good year to spread more joy, and less of the busy.


(and psst:  the Redeemed collection is on a huge discount at DaySpring!  Head over to score a super cute apron for only $15!!)




(Disclosure:  I received a complementary Redeemed apron and Christmas devotional in exchange for sharing my story of our Christmas season.  All opinions are my own and honest!)

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment

ShareThis