Sunday, June 5, 2011

{on the vine...} road trip resources

So, we're off tomorrow, heading back toward the ranch!  Since we've been traveling this 10+ hour drive since my kids were babies, we fair pretty well when it comes to long road trips.  I figured some of you may be vacationing with family and friends this summer, so I found a few resources for sanity-saving fun!




MoneySavingMom.com

I know I've mentioned her website before, but she just did a series of How To Travel with Young Children with great packing tips, meals, and what to pack to keep kids occupied.  My girls like to watch movies, but it would be great to listen to audiobooks next time!  My husband used to listen to Hank the Cowdog. :)




A HUGE list of printable road trip activities!  I actually printed out travel bingo games and I think we'll do an alphabet game on the way home with our yummy cinnamon alphabet cookies from Trader Joes!



I have always loved Thirty Handmade Days {just peek at its greatness!} and she's hosting an event filled with road trip printables, fun summer patterns, and more handmade homemade goodness!  Check it out!



So I'm wondering... what fun vacation ideas do YOU have?  Any great tips for surviving road trips with little ones!

Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

ShareThis