Saturday, August 20, 2011

Birthday Party {with pinterest!}

My little Reese turned two at the end of July, and I knew I had extra help to plan a special little party for her!  So, off I searched on pinterest for party ideas...


With millions of ideas on girl's birthday parties, I settled on a pink lemonade party.  I wanted to keep things pretty simple, so we came up with an easy menu, fun decor, and lots of water and outdoor play to make for a smashing party!


IMG_0927

The pink lemonade!


IMG_0930

The food:  Build your own burgers, hot dogs, iceberg wedge salad a la The Pioneer Woman cookbook
, and a really refreshing watermelon tomato salad {recipe from my mom!}


IMG_0929

Pink and yellow cupcakes for dessert...


IMG_0928

Along with some pink and yellow popcorn balls!

IMG_1032

We didn't have any organized games, but the kids really liked playing on the slip n slide, in the sprinklers, the little pools, and with water balloons!

IMGP4638

The birthday girl had such a great time and we all did too!


How do you celebrate birthdays in your family?

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment

ShareThis